Monday 29 June 2015

Purpose

So what is my goal with this blog?  Perhaps most selfishly, I wish to use this blog as a journal of my experience at Test Pilot School.  But, of course, this will be a very public journal.  I hope to use it as a way of sharing my experiences with family, friends, future-friends, and interested visitors.

I also hope that this blog can be used as a tool for other pilots and engineers who may be interested in attending TPS in the future.  Readers, never feel shy about asking questions about the prerequisites and application process for entry.  Also, please share your thoughts and experiences with me in the comments section of my posts.  Do not hesitate to contact me privately, if you wish.

For the first few weeks of the blog I will share information and insight about the application process in detail, including some thoughts about the flying assessment and interview.  Next, I will share my family's experiences moving to Edwards AFB and my days preparing for the first day of class.  Then the truly exciting part of the blog will start.  Starting from Week 0, I hope to share the highlights of each and every week at TPS through graduation.  Expect pictures of all different types of aircraft, from gliders to blimps, and fun stories about flying them.  You might even get a few mathematical equations thrown in here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment